The deadline is approaching!Contest Rules:
1) Must depict a zoomorphic/anthro/furry character that contains a hybridized mix of human and animal features
2) Medium must be photomanipulation, using at least 2 stock photos
3) All stock photos and resources must
be from a legitimate source
* and they must be credited and/or licensed correctly (I won't accept random photos off the Google, etc).
4) You may enter as many times as you like
5) Keep it PG-13 - if it needs a Mature Content flag, I will disqualify it.
6) Must be a new piece of work created for this competition
7) Put a link to this journal in your description
* I will accept the following as legitimate sources:
- Resources & Stock section of dA
- 500px, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- flickr, but it MUST have a Creative Commons license
- Purchased stock from sites like ShutterStock, fotoitalia, 123rf, Dreamstime, etc
- Personal photos (you must state that the photo is your own)Submission Instructions:
Please link to your entry in the comments below or send me a noteDeadline:31 May 2015 11:59pm NZT
(click to convert to your timezone)Judging Criteria:
I'm going to try to be as objective as possible in my judging (aside from the last judging category). These are the criteria upon which your entry will be judged along with their weighting. I will not be releasing the scores publicly.
Prizes (dependant on number of entries):
- Execution (out of 20) - keep the details crisp and clear. Ensure the lighting is correct. Patterns and markings are aligned with the contours of the body. Edges are well blended.
- Difficulty (out of 10) - reflections, transparency through clothing or showing tufts of fur through lace, integrating the character seamlessly into a background, etc will obviously ramp up the difficulty of a piece.
- Character design (out of 10) - the degree and amount of effort put into the hybridization is important. I'm obviously going to score a kemonomimi (animal ears and tail only) much lower than a well blended character. Likewise, in the other direction, I will not look favourably on a piece that takes whole animal heads, legs, paws/hooves and pastes them right on top of a human body.
- Concept (out of 5) - providing an overall idea for the picture that is unique or interesting will definitely score points
- X-factor (out of 5) - this one is a purely subjective judging criteria where I will award points if I really like your piece or not
1st - 3 month premium membership or 636 points
2nd - 1 month premium membership or 396 points
3rd - 200 points
Honourable mention(s) - 100 points
I will consider upgrading the prizes if I get a really large number of entries.Why zoomorphic?
Well anthro or anthropomorphic isn't strictly correct when considering the origins of the words. Anthropomorphism means that a non-human entity has human-like qualities. When dealing with photomorphs, usually the base is a human and you give them animal qualities, hence the difference between anthropomorphic and zoomorphic! I suppose furry could apply to either as it has no implication that start point was either animal or human. To the layman, everything just falls under the anthro umbrella anyway!
Want to join in but don't know where to start?
I've got a short guide here: My guide to making photomanipulations V2.0
Also check out the tutorials that pythos-cheetah
made Part 1, Part 2, Part 2.5, Part 3, Part 4
If you like my contest idea and would like to donate points, or features, llamas etc, please send me a note or comment below!Entries can be found here
I have received some entries that have used source images that breach copyright, so I have clarified the rules to include what I will accept as a legitimate source. Please ensure ALL of your source images are from a legitimate stock resource or has been made available for reuse and modification with a valid Creative Commons license. This means any photos of models, animals, backgrounds, etc need to be legitimate and credited properly
If you need help finding legitimate source images, please use the searches below:DeviantArt - Stock & ResourcesFlickr - Attribution, Share-AlikeFlickr - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial500px - Attribution500px - Attribution, Share-Alike500px - Attribution, Non-Commercial500px - Attribution, Share-Alike, Non-Commercial[Update #2]
I'll be picking at least one honourable mention to award 100 points to.